Friday, February 10, 2012

Painting Begins



This week, I began painting my next graphic novel. Like my previous books, I'm painting this one with watercolor. Watercolor is a "traditional" medium, but not at all traditional for comics. There are others who use real paint for their books, but most comics are colored digitally. However, there is no Rule about this. Since I'm more comfortable with watercolor and prefer the results, that's what I choose to use.




New paint. New brushes.




The illusion of order that, as the weeks and months roll on, will most likely devolve into messy chaos.




There was also pie.


2 comments:

Jean Wogaman said...

Careful. Your illustration has an eye on your pie.

Nice paints. I can't wait to see what you produce with them.

Michelle Henninger said...

Mmmm.... pie.